FACE-TO-FACE SCIENCE BOOSTER SUNDAY CLASSES
Next entry: Sunday 16 January 2022. See full calendar below.
See separate schedule for each Year Group. Each Year Group has a dedicated environment.
Age : Classes are organised per Year Group.
Skills : All levels
Location : Belgravia
How long : See separate schedule for each Year Group. Each Year Group has a dedicated environment.
When : Next entry: Sunday 16 January 2022. See full calendar below.
FACE-TO-FACE SCIENCE BOOSTER SUNDAY CLASSES
***We operate our face-to-face activities in line with government COVID-19 Health & Safety regulations and advice***
IMPORTANT: ***PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING THIS CLASS***
- Book this class only if you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of a national or local lockdown, imposition of any restrictive tiers, we will issue credit notes. We will not process a refund. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Our normal cancellation policy will be applied if a parent cancels their booking (s). NO EXCEPTIONS.
***FACE-TO-FACE BOOSTER SCIENCE SUNDAY CLASSES***
Frequency: Every Sunday. See our 2021-22 calendar here.
Time: See times in the “Year Group” dropdown menu.
Attendance: Children are expected to attend on a weekly basis (rollover sessions are available in line with the selected package).
Location: The Hampshire School. 15 Manresa Road. Chelsea. SW3 6NB.
Tutor-Child Ratio: 1:10 (strictly minimum 5 children, maximum 10 children). We will offer you an alternative course if the course is fully booked or if the course does not open or if at any time, for any reason during the term, there are fewer than five children enrolled until the end of the term.
Resources for the session: Children will need to have access to stationery, including pens or pencils and paper.
Non-contact registration and dismissal procedure: Children are registered and dismissed using our exclusive non-contact Security code system. Our registration and dismissal process takes place outside the venue. No exceptions.
ABOUT THE SUNDAY SCIENCE BOOSTER CLASSES
We recognise that the current pandemic profoundly impacted children’s learning at school. Due to the ongoing disruption, many children are still falling behind.
We identified three main factors that are still affecting children and their performance at school during the current academic year.
- For many children, their school online was not effective. Therefore, some children could not cope with the regular school content as they found it hard to follow their school online.
- Lack of confidence and the feeling of falling behind directly impacted many children’s confidence.
- Not enough challenging content.
To address the recurring issues impacting children at their school and following feedback from existing parents, we planned our booster classes in line with the National Curriculum of England. The science booster content is structured to ensure children understand the fundamental skills of science before structuring and expressing their ideas through different tasks.
At Richer Education, we recognise that progress in science is built on solid foundations. That is why we ensure children are confident with the fundamentals of science before progressing to more challenging topics. We also foster the study skills necessary for children to become independent and confident leaders. Study skills include:
- Time management
- Finding and using keywords
- Prioritising information and understanding exam questions
THE RICHER EDUCATION METHOD
- Active Teaching & Learning approach: we actually teach the content on a weekly basis and we ensure that children understand the topic
- Dedicated Year Groups: each Year Group has a dedicated space for teaching and learning
- Differentiation: we understand that ‘one size does not fit all‘. We ensure that all children, regardless of their level of knowledge, are engaged at the appropriate level and pace
- Develop transferable skills for life: we encourage children to develop resilience and develop confidence
- Tutors and Mentors: Our tutors and mentors excel in mathematics. We train our tutors and mentors to communicate to children effectively and in a kind manner
- Small groups: our groups are small to allow greater focus and interaction with each child
- Quality Assurance: All sessions are closely supervised by a non-teaching specialist to ensure that all children are catered for
Do you need more information? Contact us
We offer 10% siblings discount (from your second child onwards).
Need help with your booking or want more information